This Website collects some Personal Data from its Users.
Users may be subject to different protection standards and broader standards may therefore apply to some. In order to learn more about the protection criteria, Users can refer to the applicability section.
Owner and Data Controller
Better Planet Brands 1535 SE 17th Street, Suite 107 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316
Owner contact email: [email protected]
Types of Data collected
The Owner collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, in the past twelve (12) months, the categories of personal information that the Owner has collected from consumers visiting this website are (1) personal identifiers, such as the consumer’s name, postal address, internet protocol address, email address, and internet account name; and (2) personal customer record information necessary to conduct transactions such as telephone numbers and credit card information.
The Owner has collected such personal information solely from the following categories of sources:
• Directly from customers when engaged in transactions through this website or other manner of direct communications.
• Directly and indirectly from activity on our website (www.acure.com). For example, from requests through our website portal or website usage details collected automatically.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
The Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Website (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.
The purposes of processing
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its Services, as well as for the following purposes: Analytics, Contacting the User, Displaying content from external platforms, Managing contacts and sending messages, Location-based interactions and Remarketing and behavioral targeting.
Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific Personal Data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
DETAILED INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies; Usage Data.
- Contacting the User
Mailing List or Newsletter (This Website)
By registering on the mailing list or for the newsletter, the User’s email address will be added to the contact list of those who may receive email messages containing information of commercial or promotional nature concerning this Website. Your email address might also be added to this list as a result of signing up to this Website or after making a purchase.
Personal Data collected: email address.
Phone contact (This Website)
Users that provided their phone number might be contacted for commercial or promotional purposes related to this Website, as well as for fulfilling support requests.
Personal Data collected: phone number.
- Displaying content from external platforms
This type of services allows you to view content hosted on external platforms directly from the pages of this Website and interact with them.
This type of service might still collect web traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when Users do not use it.
Google Fonts (Google Inc.)
Google Fonts is a typeface visualization service provided by Google LLC or by Google Ireland Limited, depending on the location this Website is accessed from, that allows this Website to incorporate content of this kind on its pages.
Google Maps widget (Google Inc.)
Google Maps is a maps visualization service provided by Google Inc. that allows this Website to incorporate content of this kind on its pages.
Personal Data collected: Cookies; Usage Data.
YouTube video widget without cookies (Google Inc.)
YouTube is a video content visualization service provided by Google LLC or by Google Ireland Limited, depending on the location this Website is accessed from, that allows this Website to incorporate content of this kind on its pages.
This widget is set up in a way that ensures that YouTube won't store information and cookies about Users on this Website unless they play the video.
Personal Data collected: Usage Data.
YouTube video widget (Google Inc.)
YouTube is a video content visualization service provided by Google Inc. that allows this Website to incorporate content of this kind on its pages.
Personal Data collected: Cookies; Usage Data.
- Location-based interactions
Non-continuous geolocation (This Website)
This Website may collect, use, and share User location Data in order to provide location-based services.
Most browsers and devices provide tools to opt out from this feature by default. If explicit authorization has been provided, the User’s location data may be tracked by this Website.
The geographic location of the User is determined in a manner that isn't continuous, either at the specific request of the User or when the User doesn't point out its current location in the appropriate field and allows the application to detect the position automatically.
Personal Data collected: geographic position.
- Managing contacts and sending messages
This type of services makes it possible to manage a database of email contacts, phone contacts or any other contact information to communicate with the User.
These services may also collect data concerning the date and time when the message was viewed by the User, as well as when the User interacted with it, such as by clicking on links included in the message.
Campaign Monitor (Campaign Monitor)
Campaign Monitor is an email address management and message sending service provided by Campaign Monitor Pty Ltd.
Personal Data collected: email address.
- Remarketing and behavioral targeting
This type of service allows this Website and its partners to inform, optimize and serve advertising based on past use of this Website by the User.
This activity is performed by tracking Usage Data and by using Cookies, information that is transferred to the partners that manage the remarketing and behavioral targeting activity.
AdRoll (AdRoll, Inc.)
AdRoll is an advertising service provided by AdRoll, Inc.
Personal Data collected: Cookies; Usage Data.
Facebook Remarketing (Facebook, Inc.)
Facebook Remarketing is a remarketing and behavioral targeting service provided by Facebook, Inc. that connects the activity of this Website with the Facebook advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies; Usage Data.
FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT PERSONAL DATA
- Selling goods and services online
The Personal Data collected are used to provide the User with services or to sell goods, including payment and possible delivery.
The Personal Data collected to complete the payment may include the credit card, the bank account used for the transfer, or any other means of payment envisaged. The kind of Data collected by this Website depends on the payment system used.
- The Service is not directed to children under the age of 13
Users declare themselves to be adult according to their applicable legislation. Minors may use this Website only with the assistance of a parent or guardian. Under no circumstance persons under the age of 13 may use this Website.
Legal basis of processing
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
In any case, the Owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Owner has not sold any personal information.
The Data is processed at the Owner's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User's location, data transfers may involve transferring the User's Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
If broader protection standards are applicable, Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the Owner to safeguard their Data.
If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the Owner using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The Rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner. Users entitled to broader protection standards under the law of their jurisdictions may exercise any of the rights described as rights of all users below. In addition, California residents are also entitled by California statute to certain additional rights specified below as the statutory rights of California Users. In all other cases, Users may inquire with the Owner to find out which rights apply to them.
Rights of all Users
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
Applicability of broader protection standards
While most provisions of this document concern all Users, some provisions expressly only apply if the processing of Personal Data is subject to broader protection standards under local laws. Such broader protection standards apply when the processing:
- is performed by an Owner based within the EU;
- concerns the Personal Data of Users who are located in the EU and is related to the offering of paid or unpaid goods or services, to such Users;
- concerns the Personal Data of Users who are located in the EU and allows the Owner to monitor such Users’ behavior taking place in the EU;
- concerns the Personal Data of Users who are located in the State of California.
Statutory Rights of California Users
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes the CCPA rights of Users residing in California and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights Under CCPA
California Users have the right to request that the Owner disclose certain information to them about the collection and use of personal information over the past 12 months. Once the Owner receives and confirm a verifiable consumer request, the Owner will disclose to California Users:
- The categories of personal information collected about them.
- The categories of sources for the personal information collected about them.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the personal information was shared.
- The specific pieces of personal information of the requesting User collected (also called a data portability request).
- If the Owner sold or disclosed personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased [the Owner does not sell personal information]; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights Under CCPA
California Users have the right to request that the Owner delete any of personal information collected from them and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once the Owner receives and confirms a verifiable California consumer request, the Owner will delete (and direct any service providers to delete) Users personal information from the Owner’s records, unless an exception applies.
The Owner may deny a deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for the Owner or any service provider to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service that the User requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of the ongoing business relationship with the User, or otherwise perform under any contract with the User.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if the User previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on User’s relationship with the Owner.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights Under CCPA
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights under the CCPA described above, California Users should submit a verifiable consumer request to the Owner by either:
- Calling the Owner toll free at ### ### ####..
- Visiting www.acure.com/#####.
Only the User or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that is authorized to act on the User’s behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request for the User’s personal information under the CCPA.
A User may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows the Owner to reasonably verify the requesting party is the person about whom the Owner collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe the request with sufficient detail that allows the Owner to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to the request.
The Owner cannot respond to a consumer request or provide personal information if the Owner cannot verify the requesting party’s identity or authority to make the request and confirm any personal information in the Owner’s possession relates to the requesting party. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require a User to create an account with the Owner. Only personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request will be used to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
The Owner endeavors to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. Any disclosures the Owner provides will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response will also explain any reasons why the Owner cannot comply with a request and provide information on how to appeal a determination that the Owner could not comply. No fee will be charged to process or respond to a verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If the Owner determines that a request warrants a fee, the User will be provided an explanation of the reasons why that decision was made and provide a cost estimate before completing the request.
The Owner will not discriminate against Users for exercising any of their CCPA rights. Specifically, unless permitted by the CCPA, the Owner will not use exercising CCPA rights for any of the following:
- Deny Users goods or services.
- Charge Users different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide Users a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that Users may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User's Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Website or the related Services. The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User's Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Website and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Website (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
This Website does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.